|Version 2 of the standalone programmer|
Wonder what's inside it ? Besides a 4x20 LCD, Arduino Nano and a 4x4 keypad there is also a 3.7 volt 1200 m.a.h rechargeable battery with a Adafruit charger/ booster inside the case.
|Inside the programmer|
Programmer in action:
Besides working on the hardware i also completed the Arduino Sketch making the programmer fully functional and able to program the PRM-4515.
An introduction and programming a cougar using the programmer can be seen in this video:
I used the following components in this programmer. Please note that the provided links are displayed for reference purposes and i am not affiliated to both shops.
- Arduino Nano (or clone) (opencircuit.nl)
- 20 x 4 LCD (opencircuit.nl)
- I2C LCD interface module (opencircuit.nl)
- 4 x 4 keypad (opencircuit.nl)
- 5V Step-Up/Step-Down Voltage Regulator S9V11F5 (opencircuit.nl)
- Adafruit 5V Lipo USB boost, 500mA (www.kiwi-electronics.nl)
- 3.7v Lipo battery 1200 mah (www.kiwi-electronics.nl)
Besides the component mentioned above i also used some items you probably have in your spare box:
- DB9 female connector + mounting screws
- Small power switch
- Power adapter 9 - 12v DC + chasis connector
- 2N7000 N-Channel mosfet
- 10K resistor